Monday, April 19, 2010

Coachella Day 1

Day one of Coachella was more like CoacHELLa for me. I left for Indio on Friday with 3 of my friends around 1 pm for what was supposed to be a roughly 2 and a half hour drive, but at 8pm we were still stuck in bumper to bumper traffic and had not reached the venue. My friend Chloe and I decided to get out of the car and walk 2 miles to the concert, and by the time we got in it was already 9 o'clock. I managed to see the end of Imogen Heap and all of Fever Ray's set, which was what I was most excited for on Friday anyway.






I got a decent spot near the stage and took 5 videos, the last of which was what seems to be a new song. *EDIT: It's a cover of Peter Gabriel's Mercy Street. Thank you to cstreeterut for figuring that out for me* Also spotted Will Berman and Matt Asti from MGMT watching in the photo pit for a few seconds before being ushered away by security.

After Fever Ray's performance things only got worse for me and my friends. Chloe and I never found the other two girls we came with, who had parked the car and then lost it. I ended up having to pay $90 (Chloe paid an additional $30) to have a random woman drive us back to our hotel which was about 25 minutes away. 

So, Day 1 was kind of a bust. I am happy to report however that Days 2 and 3 were pretty much the best days of my life. More on that later. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment