Thursday, April 15, 2010

Last night in (Vampire Weekend) videos...

Last night I finally left my house and saw a live show. Vampire Weekend played at The Fox Theater in Pomona, CA along with Abe Vigoda and not only did I manage to snag a spot by the barrier, but I also got my best friend Flavia hooked up with a photo pass, so expect some cool shots to be posted soon! 

Flavia and I got to the venue around 7:30 and the line was insane. I've never seen a line so long. I swear it wrapped around two buildings...

Once in the venue, Flavia and I headed to the front of the stage and she tested out her camera during the opener. 




Abe Vigoda was alright, although they had some sound issues and the mics were definitely too low. I didn't take any video of them, but I did take one of Flavia dancing to their music.




Vampire Weekend came on to a thunderous applause. I've never listened to much of their music, but I have to say they really impresed me. Ezra Koenig's voice was pretty much impeccable during the night and the band had great chemistry together. 



"It's gotta be funky. Not Baja Fresh, more Del Taco, know what I mean?"



I love the end of this next video. The crowd had so much energy which made the show infinitely better. The whole place was shaking. 



They 'closed' with Oxford Comma...



But then came out for 3 encore songs, the last of which was Walcott. 



I took 19 videos of Vampire Weekend total which proves two things: 1) I am insane and 2) Vampire Weekend played the longest set ever. 


You can read my official review of Vampire Weekend's show at the Fox Theater on The Music Pirate HERE

Tomorrow I'm heading to Coachella and I'm planning on taking lots more video. Excited beyond words. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment